Saturday, October 20, 2007

Training Log: Entry 481

Just some accessory work that I didn't do on speed day.

CoC RE #1
Right hand
40,30,25

Left hand
35,28,28

Notes: Prolly time to switch to more grinding work.  Maybe some overgripping like I read on elitefts and some negatives.  I think I'm about as far as I can get with the high rep/volume stuff.  I'm also tired of my forearms looking like Popeye after all the work.

Weighted sit-ups w/25lb plate
4x10

Notes: Doing sit-ups the right way via contracting the abs is always so much harder than when I just mimic the motion with my hip flexors.  Can't wait to get the powercage so I can do some hanging leg raises.

 

Taught my wife how to full squat.  My knoweldge in it is limited, but she took to it like a duck to water.  Guess it helps that she's korean.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for teaching me how to do full squats.  It was fun..I guess the asian part of me is not in the appearance so much but in body construction..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. forearms can NEVER be too big!!!!!! keep up the good work lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I can't fit my forearms through the sleeves of my uniform, it's a problem =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the Janda sit-ups form is way superior to conventional sit-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well go to your officer and explain your dilemma, to are too big a hoss for the uniforms and they need to fix them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the Korean comment because East Asians have greater hip flexibilty on average? I remember my Jiu-Jitsu instructor saying something to that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just know that whenever I visit Asia, I see everyone full squatting whenever they wanna get lower to the ground, unlike in the US, when it's parallel at best, and usually down on one knee.
    She says it's a genetic thing though =P

    ReplyDelete