Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Training Log: Entry 483

ME lowerbody

Deadlifts
3x135
3x225
3x295
1x400
1x455 (new PR)
1x475 (new PR)
1x480 (new PR)
1x455

Notes: Good day for PRs.  Pulled straight legged for the heavy stuff.  Seems to be how I pull when it gets heavy.  Real tough time breaking the weight off the ground for the last 3 sets.  Want to pull 500 before the end of the year.  45lbs more than my last deadlift attempt in Mid June.  Grip was solid, bar was going nowhere.

Good Mornings
4x8 of 165

Notes: Felt like I was gonna die on the last 2 sets.  Lots of heavy breathing to get through.  Take short steps in the powercage.

DB side bends of 75
4x10

Notes: Form was much better.  Freehand needs to be on head.  Move up.

Neck harness front raise of 45
13,11

Notes: Snagged on shirt a little, lost a few reps.  More forward lean next time.

Neck crunches of 45
15,11

Notes: Forgot about this exercise.  Good way to train moving the head forward instead of backward.  Burns the abs too. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!!  You were amazing on deadlifts today.  I can't tell if you amazed or frightened the neighbor's children when they came over to watch.  Between them asking if your head was going to pop and calling good mornings good deads, I'm not sure what they thought.  lol.  Either way, I'm really happy for you.  You should make your goal before the end of the year.  ^_^ Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new PR. I must get CoC grippers, grip will soon be a limiting factor for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider chalk first.  I thought my grip was really weak until I picked some up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see, so the issue may be slipping, and NOT grip strength?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much obliged. I will grab some ground chalk from the art teacher in my school. I have no idea why she has ground chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even better would be chalk from the gymnastics area. You can pick some up fro man outdoor store for usually 1.50 a block (lasts a long time) or if you want the fancy powder stuff it will be a little more. I dont know how ground chalk would work lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an interesting thought. Never considered that my hands might just be slipping, and that my grip was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you'd be surprised how big a difference it makes. a little bit goes a loooooong way with chalk.

    ReplyDelete