Thursday, October 4, 2012

Training Log: Entry 1295

Bench
5x225
5x260
5x295

Notes: Pressing strength fell apart this week.  No worries until I test my 1rm on bench next week.  If I find issues there, it's time to get creative.

Pause bench 190
5x10

Wide grip angled chins
35

Chin circuit w/15lbs
10x10

Notes: How this worked out was performing 1 set of a different style of chins between exercises.  Order went Parallel grip, wide grip angled, v-handle, pull up, chin up, then repeat for a total of 10 sets.  I liked this a lot.  Going to stick with it.

Arm prehab

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully it's just a matter of dormancy like last time. I'm currently experiencing major deadlift suckage after peaking the week before. Are your calories cut back a lot now that you're trying to make weight?I like what you did with the pull-ups. Doing all those sets can get monotonous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a rough week for eating, and I'm chalking it up to that. As long as my 1+ week works well, these other weeks can go to shit, haha.Yeah, the variety with pull ups was nice, and I also think this will have a benefit in being able to get more volume due to being "fresher" for new movements versus hammering the same movement patter for 10 sets.

    ReplyDelete