Sunday, June 22, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1672

Axle press 200 (60 seconds)
11 reps

Notes: Start of my competition training.  Going to cycle this and max effort work, along with possibly some speed sets ala the Cube for Strongman.  Breathing seems to be the most difficult part I have with push press for high reps.  Really trying to focus on getting as much leg drive as possible, because with only 1 clean necessary, this could really by my event.

FG Pull ups
200 total

Close grip axle floor press 195
5x10

Notes: Having to fight my instincts now and actively try to lockout when possible, just to get used to doing that again before competition.  May cycle days of locking out and not locking out just to keep my elbows healthy.

Farmer's Walks 105
5x40 meters

Notes: Did these as part of a circuit (Axle floor press, farmer's walks, GB band curls, band pull aparts, in that order) and focused on speed.  First 3 sets were with fat grips.  Just doing my best to improve foot speed here, not really concerned about strength.

GB band curls minis
5x12

Pull aparts

Dips
45


Notes: Going to start logging my bodyweight on deadlift day mornings.  Yesterday was 201.5.  Additionally, going to need to see where I can fit in more work through out the week.  Excited about all the stuff I need to train, just a question of fitting it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment