Saturday, April 4, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1824

Deadlifts 550+chains
1x10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJhjEyyOark


Notes: No rest pauses. I hate pulling from the floor, so I do as little of it as possible. This was the best deadlift workout I've had in probably a year. Got all my reps in, maintained form, weight felt light, just a great day.


Yoke 100' (50' w/turn)
1x210
1x390
2x530

Notes: No drops the entire time, which is my goal. Footspeed was terrible for the real sets. Next week, will drop weight on events and focus on speed.

Squats 455
1x6
1x3
1x2
1x1

Notes: Going to dub these "Zeno Squats", as they operated under the premise that motion is impossible. Just keep trying for half as many reps as the previous set, end goal being to eventually double the weights of the first set in total reps of subsequent sets. Nice way to get some heavy weight on my back for greater volume. Tried some front squats after the fact, but they ain't happening after yoke and squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment