Thursday, April 16, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1833


Log clean and press (clean each rep) 200lbs
1x6
1x5


Notes: Clean has really improved.  Very fast, dynamic, and easy.  No wasted energy.  Press was a battle.  Delts are still fried from Monday, and my ghetto log does a great job of absorbing my leg drive.  I am really hoping this will make things easier in the comp.  I had some more in me on both of these sets, but trying to train more similar to comp conditions.  Not dragging the set out for volume, but focusing on getting in as many reps as I can in as short of a time as possible.  In both cases, managed all but the final rep in 1 continuous flow, then took a breather to eek out 1 more.


Gameplan pushing ahead: now that the clean is the easy part and the press is hard, I'm going to focus more on the press.  More "clean once then press away" style days, and some lighter weight/strict pressing days to get in more volume.

Incline DB press 105
(3) 1x6
(2) 1x6
(1) 1x6
Flat w/reactive slingshot 1x6


superset w/


GB lat pulldowns 110
5x13


Superset w/


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Delts were too torqued to really hit this hard, so just kept dropping the incline each set and keeping the reps low.

D-ring Fat Grip chain curls
3x15


superset w/


Average band pulldowns
3x12


Superset w/


Band pull aparts
3x20

GB lat pulldowns 110
1x20

Notes: Eye is feeling about 90% today.  Vision is almost completely normal, which should hopefully mean no motion sickness.  Trained with 1 contact lens, but didn't seem to affect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment