Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1844

Log Clean and Press (clean each rep) 200lbs
1x6
1x4

Notes: Made today an events day, just because schedule allowed it.  Numbers don't seem like much, but goal was to do as many reps as I could without any pauses, and then cut the set.  6 in 1 go lets me know I'll be good for about 8-9 come comp day.  Hamstrings still screaming, pretty much had to brute strength the log up in all instances, clean was garbage.  At least I can do that if I need to. Press was still a grinder on last rep, but technique is much smoother.  All in all, happy with the progress I've made on the log.


Car deadlift simulator 5 plates+chains
1x13
1x11
1x10


Notes: Pretty gassed, but still making progress.  Hands are beat up.


Yoke 570
2x100' (turn at 50)

https://youtu.be/DeZIPFD0hOc


Notes: 40 seconds for both runs.  Tried 660 at first, but only managed a few steps.  In off season, I'll push this a stupid weight.  Still, no drops, and feet were moving pretty quick.  Flat steps may be costing me some time.

2 comments:

  1. 660, damn. I'll be surprised if you don't take first, honest. You look to me like you're moving pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. If I finish in the top half of the competitive field, I'll be happy. I don't know how some folks just sprint with the damn yoke, haha.

      Delete