Thursday, April 23, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1839


Log Clean and Press (clean once) 180
1x12
1x8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPL9y2g35I&feature=youtu.be

Notes: 90%  comp weight.  Wanting to drill the mechanics.  Had a few good reps in there.  The second rep of the second set flew up.  Tried to 1 motion the first rep of the second set.  Real factor here is fighting the urge to throw up, overhead pressing does a number on me.

Got a few more weeks to really master this.  Given how much bodyweight I am giving up, I don't expect to take first, but I'd like to place in the top half at least.  Missing the axle, can't wait to get back to it.

As an aside, body comp looks decent for me.  Hard training seems to be having an impact, even with the terrible diet.


(3)DB incline 105
1x9
1x7
1x5 (failed on 6th

(2) DB incline 105 w/reactive slingshot
1x6


superset w/

GB lat pulldowns 110
5x15

superset w/

Band pull aparts
4x20


Notes: The mechanical dropset idea is sound, but execution needs work.  Tried to take it down another notch and only got another rep. Maybe a more dramatic change is necessary.


Farmer's walks 245 per hand
2x160' (turn at 80')


Notes: Totally nuked by the end, but really trying to work on footspeed.  I am plodding along, but I am also training with 20lbs per hand more than comp weight, so hopefully that should factor.



May throw in some vanity work later.

No comments:

Post a Comment