Saturday, April 18, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1835

(7) Mat Pulls 570+chains
19 reps total

Notes: 13 in the first, 3 in the second and third.  20lbs heavier and 1 rep more than the start of the previous cycle.  That's a good sign.  Additionally, rigged up the chains so that there is less slack at the start, so slightly heavier with that as well.  Back to top form, this ROM felt like nothing.

DOH barbell hold 405+chains
40 seconds

Notes: Need to get back into this before the comp.


Yoke 100' (50' w/put down)
1x120
1x300
2x570 (lifetime PR)

Notes: Zero drops.  Speed wasn't fast, but feet were moving.  Really important to get the upperback set at start of set.  Bracing is key.

Additionally, this song came up on my playlist and is now my yoke theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xystnzpULZg


Squats:
No way in hell


Notes: Back and hips were fried from yoke.  Couldn't take anything beyond 315 to depth.  May try again tomorrow.  Otherwise, yoke takes priority over squats at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed by your yoke, remembering how badly that kind of weight crushed my soul and every hope and dream I had along with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. That is probably the most apt description of the event, haha. Later that day I felt like my spine was going to shoot out of my anus. Meanwhile, in between sets neighborhood kids would ride their bikes between the uprights of the yoke, and one kid cut me off in some sort of powerwheels contraption in the middle of a yoke walk. I never remember seeing that in Rocky.

      Delete
  2. I think you're supposed to run with the kids and get them chanting your name as you jump over park benches. But this being strongman it'd be with the yoke. Also, I'm clearly still a child because I laughed at "anus", thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete