Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2021


AM TRAINING


Grippers

DROPSET
10x#2
25x#1
50xTrainer

7x#2

40 second hold #1

Notes: That drop set was crazy. The 10 reps with the 2 were actually pretty easy, but I wanted to save up for a real stupid high rep workout at the end.

General notes: Woke up at 187.4. Happy with that after spending the weekend at Disney, doing a bunch of walking and weird eating. After getting some voodoo done at PT, I was able to straighten my leg enough to have the back of my knee touch the floor. Haven't been able to do that since before the injury, it was a pretty weird sensation. Will be training lower body tonight.



PM TRAINING


1 legged SSB Box Squats
20x205
10x155
10x115
10x65

Notes: I think I was supposed to put some chains on this, but oh well, still a great workout. Really focusing on arching hard and driving with the good leg. Afterwards, flexed the other leg as hard as I possibly could for a long ass time while visualizing a squat.

SSB Good mornings 75lbs
3x12
1x15

superset in a circuit w/

Neck harness
2x8 of 75lbs
2x20 of 50lbs

Notes: Slowly adding weight to the good mornings, really focusing on the stretch. Went stupid heavy on the neck harness just to mix it up. Next time, I'll stick with 50lbs.

Blast strap fallout hold
2:30

Notes: Like a plank from hell. Think this will carry over very well into strongman. Great pain tolerance training.

Reverse hyper 35lbs
1x100

Notes: Think this is my limit for this movement. Felt the hamstring tendon twinge again, and the knee cap was sliding around a bit. Meant I wasn't willing to really get the legs high due to fear of re-injury. Think I'll up the reps and drop the weight and work back up. Did 150 with bodyweight the other day, so I'll work from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment