Friday, January 1, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2019


DELOAD


NG Chins
30+10+10


Notes: Wanted to keep things easy, so decided to see how many clean reps I could hit in 1 shot.  Managed 30 before I had to set my feet down.  These were full ROM and clean, compared to how I normally hit them.  Rest paused for a total of 50.


Axle bench
5x120
5x150
5x180


Notes: Hit a set of 20 band pull aparts in between work and warm-up sets, so about 100 total.



Lateral raises 2.5lbs
1x100


Front raises 2.5lbs
1x100


Band pull aparts
1x100


DB hammer curls 10lbs
1x100


Lying DB extensions 10lbs
1x100


Axle rows
1x50


Notes: All just light stuff to get blood flowing and a small pump.  The lateral raises were a little challenging, but everything else pretty easy.




Rolling thunder deadlifts

Worked up to 160lbs per hand (plus the weight of the loading pin)

90lbs for 72 seconds right hand, 76 seconds left


Notes: Missed the rolling thunder.  It's a blast to train.  I stood on one foot for most of these just to take things easy on my healing knee, but as able to pull it dead off the floor for the 90lb set.



General notes: Woke up at 186.4 this morning.  GI issues seem to have gone away thankfully.  Screwing around with my training plan since I am going on a 3 day vacation starting Sunday, so hit my bench deload workout today, going to hit heavy seated good mornings tomorrow, and then come back and hit squats and presses getting back into my normal routine.

2 comments:

  1. Fucking hell, I need to start actually doing chins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I JUST got back into them because of this injury. I was doing a lot more pulldowns before, but being lighter seems to be making this easier on my elbows. Volume is just getting stupid at this point, haha.

      Delete