Friday, January 29, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2038


AM WORKOUT


Prowler (high handles)
54x50'

Notes: Total of 2700', over half a mile. Only pausing long enough to turn the prowler around and push it again. Since I go with mythological themes, I'm dubbing this the "Sisyphus workout". As I wrote in a previous entry, this definitely gives you some time to reflect as you keep pushing the damn prowler. I wear my knee sleeves on this, and it makes my calves feel like they're going to explode since the blood can't get out too quickly. Just a lot of pain tolerance and fortitude training, with some strength thrown in too I'm sure.




PM WORKOUT

Seated Safety Squat Bar Good Mornings
5xBar
5x115
5x155
5x245
3x295
3x335
1x385
1x405
0x425


https://youtu.be/W-RWuoDj4o0


Notes: Hit my cheat meal before this, and I think it paid off. The 405 moved so quick that I didn't even know it happened.  And then I heard my music start skipping (fun fact: I was listening to an MP3...they don't skip), and my vision got fuzzy and I almost passed out. And then I tried for 425 afterwards.  Actually made it break off the pins too, but didn't trust my knee enough to keep pushing.  It would've been mega ugly.


Really pleased to see 405 again. Maybe I'll get this to match my deadlift PR before I'm done.



Buffalo Bar Good Mornings 70lbs
1x100

Notes: These actually went much better than last time. Maybe I'm adapting.



General notes: Woke up at 189.0 this morning.  Knee pain is almost completely done.  Cheat meal was a double western bacon cheeseburger, half an order of fries and half a hotdog.  Just ate big in general today, curious to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment