Thursday, December 8, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2291

Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
5x216
5x251
11x281 (failed on the 12th; missed lockout)
16x251

Notes: Welcome to the off season.  Trained in the evening.  I've come down with some sort of annoying cold after my contest, and between that and the Mrs and I being fatigued from travel, we decided to sleep in.  It was a solid bench session.

Chins (various styles)
1x25
3x20
1x25

DB lateral/rear laterals 20lbs
5x10/10

Notes: All performed between sets of benching.  Brought more variety to the chins.  First set was underhand, next was over, third was close NG and middle NG, fourth was middle and wide NG, 5th was all 5 of the above.  Lats blew up something fierce from it; I think the variety is necessary.


GIANT SETS

Log push press (clean once) 140
6,7,6,5,5

T-bar rows 4 plates
4x10

Hammer curls 35
5x10

Kroc rows 105
1x12

Notes: Right about here is when I remembered I was sick and realized I was back up from sea level to 3300'.  Just completely ran out of gas and was sucking wind something fierce.  A big part of that is just being out of practice with the log.  I am just awful with it.  Still figuring out how this day will unfold; might rotate implements for pressing, or do some sets push, some sets strict.  In general though, I like how it unfolded, and when it was all done I had an insane pump.  Was dealing with some quad cramping on the log press; something to watch out for.


General notes: Woke up at 192.0.  I always lose weight on vacation, but I think it will come back on once I get my hydration sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment