Monday, December 12, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2294

AM WORKOUT


Axle Strict Press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x146
5x171
6x196
5x196 (push press)
10x146


Notes: The contest prep cycle where I wasn't pushing PR sets may be biting me a little, but I think I just need to rediscover my groove on these.  I had a 7th in me but breathing wasn't right.  I like chasing the topset with push presses.


Grenade ball lat pulldowns 90
1x12
1x13
1x14
1x15
1x16


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Performed between sets of presses.  I like the GB pulldowns.  I can twist my arms more and really hammer the lats, even with light weight.  Felt totally blown up at the end.  It's time to worry less about weight and more about building the back.


Dips
75 reps


Notes: Goal was 100, but my right shoulder was feeling a little pissed off.  Just gotta ease back into it.


Axle rows 136
85 reps


Axle curls
1x100


General notes: Woke up at 195.0.  Got my weight back in order.  Hit some bad anaphylaxis at the end of the workout again.  Don't know if it's the honey or the bread, OR if somehow the axle rows trigger it, since it seems to happen right after that movement.  Something I gotta monitor and figure out.  I've been contemplating switching from toast to fruit pre-workout; that might be the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment