Monday, December 19, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2300


AM WORKOUT


Axle Strict Press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
3x161
3x181
5x206
5x206 (push press)
8x161


Notes: Very solid workout.  5x206 ties a previous PR, but it was an afternoon workout vs a morning one, so that's showing a solid progression. The push presses are still pretty ugly.  Training them with sore legs from squats tends to mean my leg drive is terrible.  I like how this set-up flows though, and I think it's going to keep my strict press strong while improving my push press, which has been an equation I could never crack before.


Grenade ball lat pulldowns 90
1x13
1x14
1x15
1x16
1x17


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Both performed between sets of presses.  Really focusing on pulling down and out on the lat pulldowns.  Getting a solid pump in the lats.


Axle rows 136
95 reps


Dips
100 reps


Axle curls
1x100


Notes: Switched up the order on assistance to save the right shoulder.  It was mad after the presses, but the rows gave it enough of a break for the dips to be no issue.  Still playing around with the idea of throwing weight on the dips, but right now this is working.




General notes: Woke up at 194.8.  Was expecting a much higher weight in all honesty.  Legs are really sore from the squat workout on Saturday.  Been hitting feeder stuff, but I'll see how tomorrow feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment