Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2436


Axle bench press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
3x231
3x261
10x296
16x231

Notes: PM workout.  10 was the goal for the topset.  An 11th mighta been there too if the stars lined up right.  Just felt solid.

Chins
1x25 overhand
1x25 underhand
2x20 various NG
1x25 all of the above

Band pull aparts
5x20

Notes: Performed between sets of benching.


GIANT SETS

Keg clean and press (one motion) 100lbs
3x10
1x6

DB press 35
3x5
DB push press 50 (one arm at a time)
1x10
1x7

DB hammer curls 35
5x10

Notes: A little confusing, so I'll explain.  I'd perform 5 presses with the stagger grip where my right arm was the far arm, then 5 where it was the close arm.  I'd follow that immediately with 5 strict dumbbell presses with both arms, then the hammer curls.  After 3 rounds of that, I did a round of dumbbell push press "circus dumbbell" style followed by the hammer curls.  Final round was 3 per side of the keg one motions, then 7 per side of the dumbbell push press, followed by the hammer curls.  Nothing terribly heavy, but lots of technique work and conditioning. Leg drive on the dumbbell was especially strong.  Seems the technique came back well.  Leg dip is more about falling and catching myself rather than winding up the legs.

"Hammer" crucifix hold 15lbs
2 rounds

Notes: Since this event is worth double points at my show, smart move is on getting good at it.  Read from someone else that the imbalance of the hammer head makes things tough, as it's a combination of shoulders and wrists for leveraging.  I simulated this by taking some loadable DB handles and only loading one end of them.  I definitely don't need any lateral work after doing this; it's intense.  Didn't time it today; just went to pain.

Kroc rows 105
1x19

General notes: Woke up at 196.4.  This was a longer workout, but I'm just getting a feel for the plan here.  I am officially registered for my contest, and am in fact the first one registered for my weight class.  First time I've ever managed to pull that off.  It SHOULD mean that I get to go last on the first event, which should be quite an advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment