Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2386


AM WORKOUT


Axle Bench Press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
5x186
3x236
3x276
8x306
18x236


Notes: Was supposed to do 271 for the middle set, but I've been a little lazy with the plate loading.  I had 1 more in me on the top set, but butt came off the bench and I didn't want to risk re-tweaking the glute going for an extra rep.


Chins (various grips)
1x25
3x20
1x25


Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Performed between sets of bench.


Keg clean and press 182
4x1


Notes: As much as I want to focus on the circus dumbbell, I haven't even touched a heavy keg and the show is 3 weeks away.  Needed to relearn technique on this. First set was ugly, but after that I found my groove.  Being able to hit this fatigued in the morning bodes well for day of the show.  That said, after this contest, I think I need to get my blood pressure checked.  I've been blacking out at the top of overheads, which isn't uncommon in the sport, but is rare for me.  I typically hang out at the slightly elevated range, so I'm curious if I dropped down a touch.


DB hammer curls 40
4x10


Crucifix hold 15lbs
1x60 seconds
1x35 seconds


Notes: Loading pins with 10lb plates, held around the middle.  No idea where I stand on this event, but some training is better than none.




General notes: Woke up at 194.4. Still healing, but I'm starting to finally feel some confidence for this contest.  Training was really touch and go, but seems to be coming together now.

No comments:

Post a Comment