Saturday, December 30, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2418

AM WORKOUT

(6) Mat Pulls (touch and go, texas deadlift bar)
5x135+chains
5x225+chains
3x315+chains
1x405+chains
11+4+3x495+chains
15x405+chains

Axle bench
5xAxle
5x136
5x186
5x211
5x246
13x281
17x211

Standing ab wheel
4x8

Chins
1x20

Snow shoveling: 45 minutes

Notes: Wanna describe how this broke down, because I'm pretty happy with it.  Started the workout warming up wit giant sets of mat pull, ab wheel and bench.  I hit the topset of the mat pulls right before the set of 246 on the bench.  At that point, I finished out the bench workout before coming back for the backoff set on the mat pull.  Threw in the chins after shoveling snow.  Workout was a little lighter since I was still figuring stuff out and had to shovel snow, but the structure is there.  Felt right coming back to this.  I thrive with this sort of training. However, my time with 5/3/1 has certainly paid off.  My recovery between sets is ridiculous, to include on the rest pause of mat pulls.  Was traditionally resting in the 90-120 second mark, basically doing small sets while still strapped to the bar.  Now it was like 40 seconds, and still able to produce solid results, and then come back, hit a great bench workout, and then come back again for a solid backoff set.  I think some great things are going to come out of this cycle.

Woke up at 194.4.  Weight slipped a little with the holidays, but nothing major.

4 comments:

  1. crazy conditioning man! also first time i've seen someone lose weight over the holiday accidentally lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated man. I'm at the point in my life where I need to eat a lot of quality protein to keep on muscle. Around the holidays, with limited options, I tend to undereat. Just laziness.

      Delete
    2. What's up man, just started my own training log and would appreciate any feedback/critiques from your end. Always good to hear from more experienced and stronger lifters.

      Delete
    3. Hey man, I can give it a look. Appreciate the heads up.

      Delete