Saturday, November 3, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2411

DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE BRIDGE WORKOUT 1 (WEEK 1, WORKOUT 1)

AM WORKOUT

Buffalo Bar Squat 290
10x10

Axle deadlift 256
3x10

SUPERSET w/

Reverse hyper 270
5x10


Notes: 3:50 between sets.  In full disclosure, I failed the 10th rep of the 9th set, but I went by viking rules in that, since I failed it on the concentric rather than just racking and quitting I gave it to myself.  As a consequence though, one the buffalo bar crashed onto the pins, I immediately fell backwards into a state of torpor while quietly contemplating which seat I would take at the table in Valhalla.  As the Valkyries began to descend upon me to carry me home, it dawned on me that I still had one more set.  I have no idea how much time passed between when I hit the floor and when I got back up to strip the plates, re-rack the bar, reload the plates and then hit the final set, but I imagine it was more than 4 minutes.

Superset the deads and reverse hypers for now.  I'm fairly certain I bent one of my 105lb dumbbells I was using to anchor the reverse hyper for heavier loads, so I'll need to come up with a new solution for heavier loads.

Woke up at 199.6.  Had my weekly cheat meal yesterday, which these days is really more just eating out, as I'm still keeping the carbs super low.

No comments:

Post a Comment