Friday, November 30, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2428

DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE BRIDGE WORKOUT 16 (WEEK 4, WORKOUT 4)


AM WORKOUT
Axle bench press 281
2x10
1x9

CG axle bench press 236
2x10
1x9

Swiss bar incline bench 200
3x10

Dips
1x27
2x20

Notes: 2:20 between sets.  This was a fantastic workout.  It's a shame to finally reach a snag on the flat bench, but the other two movements saw some serious progress, and in general I was feeling strong.  Plan for next week is to still increase weight across all movements.  29 out of 30 reps is close enough, and I run the risk of regression keeping the weight the same and trying to eek out the final rep.  As the rest times get shorter, it's a question of holding on until I can increase them again. Left elbow still hit or miss: felt myself straining it a little on the final set of dips.

Woke up at 202.6.  Stomach is upset, don't know why.  Cheat meal tonight will be stuffed crust pizza and maybe a dessert, in prep for the squatpocolypse Saturday morning.  Been thinking more, and I think I'm going to go 16 on the first set and then 7x12.  That seems to be settling better with me psychologically.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's some tough pressing volume. Good work dude. Saw that your front delts were feeling it on Monday. Do you ever do rear-delt work for prehab?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not specifically for that, but I did deviate from the program by throwing band pull aparts into my press day, since that tends to make my front delts feel better. I've gone through phases of throwing band pull aparts into my daily routine, and I think it's nifty, but I'm bad about complying with it.

      Delete