Saturday, November 10, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2416

DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE BRIDGE WORKOUT 5 (WEEK 2, WORKOUT 1)

AM WORKOUT

Texas Deadlift Bar touch and go deadlifts 368
10x10

Box jumps
5x10

Buffalo bar squats 210
2x15

Notes: 3:45 between sets.  As usual, sets 9 and 10 are where things got interesting.  Doubled rest times between sets 9 and 10, still failed on the 10th rep of the 10th set.  I am apparently in the middle of a 90s action movie, because the phrase "I ain't going down like that" came out of my mouth before I set up to finish the 100th rep.

These were the first box jumps I had done since like 2005.  I DO have a plyo box (that is actually my wife's), but it honestly seemed a bridge too far, so I jumped on all of my rubber patio tiles stacked on top of themselves.  Gained confidence as I went.  I'll give the box a try next time.

Technically supposed to be 3x10 for squats, but I had been in the gym forever at that point, and just wanted to get out.

No weigh in this morning.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny what blurts out of your mouth sometimes to psyche yourself up. I've had that happen before involuntarily mid-set. You gonna keep doing the box jumps? It's pretty fun doing them with dumbbells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so cool at the time, and then you look back and go "...what" Haha. I'm liking the box jumps. They're done every other week, and seem to be helping to bring my injured knee back into the game. In general, the routine has seemed very "tonic" to that knee, giving it opportunities to come back and re-learn how to play. Going to try increasing box height first, and then maybe I'll look into a weighted vest.

      Delete