Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2423

DEEP WATER WORKOUT  11 (WEEK 3, WORKOUT 3)

LUNCHTIME WORKOUT

Power cleans 148lbs
1x12
8x11

Chins
1x18

Notes: 3:50 between sets. First few sets of cleans were rough, but after that I found my groove.  I have "double extension" rather than triple, in that it's either my ankles and hips, hips and traps, or ankles and traps that extend, but never all 3 at the same time.  Still some manner of progress.  I owe 2 sets of clean pulls, but those are just going to be a wash.

Went for the AM workout today.  Made it through 2 sets of chins (22 and 21 reps respectively), 1 set of clean pulls and 1 set of cleans before work called me in early.  At least I wasn't halfway through the workout, as then I woulda been pissed.  I'll get it done at lunch.

That said, I think I'm going to need to move the clean pulls to the end of the workout on the weeks I do squats.  My hamstrings were feeling fine this morning, and then after 1 set of pulls they tightened right up again.  Same thing happened last time.  Puts me in a bad place for cleans.

Woke up at 200.8.  Had some bad GI issues.  Think a batch of pork ribs I made was ultimately a failure.




No comments:

Post a Comment