Monday, November 12, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2417


DEEP WATER WORKOUT 6 (WEEK 2, WORKOUT 2)

PM WORKOUT

Axle strict press 146lbs
10x10

superset w/

Band pull aparts
10x10


Axle curls 103
5x10

DB laterals 35
3x10

Notes: 3:45 between sets.  This was an awesome workout.  Had the day off work, had a big lunch beforehand, and really got to let out the throttle and see what I could do.  Actually upped the weight on the axle presses more than I should have based on percentages, but I went with 5/3/1 rules in that, it had been 6 weeks so I upped the max by 10lbs.  Seems to have worked out.  The curls are just plain awesome, and far more "full body", which is fine for me.  My forearms were screaming.  DB laterals just had me feeling strong.  I'm definitely slinging weight these days vs focusing on the pump, but it seems like the right move at the right time.  I'm feeling ridiculously strong, and I imagine the weight gain is a big part of that.

On that note, I weighed in at 202lbs this morning.  Significant in 2 regards.  That's 10lbs up from the start, and this is also typically where I read the "Holy crap" moment physique wise, and not in a good way.  Usually 202lbs is when I realize I've gotten too fat and need to start slimming down.  Right now, I'm certainly fatter than when I started, but still not approaching "fat" for me.  I'm seeing the telltale signs that I am creeping up in weight, but that typically happens more towards the mid to late 190s.  Means to me I still have a little room to ride this out, so I'm gonna do it and see what happens.   

---

In memory of Stan Lee, a scan from the Punisher Back to School Special #2 story "No Pain", wherein Frank ALSO overhead pressed for 100 reps before kicking the crap out of someone


Marvel comics were, and still are, a big part of my life.  It's a significant blow, but not unexpected.  Stan was 95, that's a helluva run.

No comments:

Post a Comment