Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2414

DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE BRIDGE WORKOUT 3 (WEEK 1, WORKOUT 3)

AM WORKOUT

Power cleans 140lbs
10x10

NG chins
1x22

Notes: 3:50 between sets.  This was a ROUGH workout.  Yesterday, I somehow pulled something on the left side of my groin.  I have a few operating theories.  My legs are still sore from the squats on Sat, and it's possible I bizarrely compensated in an attempt to move around the soreness and pulled a muscle.  In addition, it snowed yesterday, and it's possible I slipped slightly on the ice and strained something.  Whatever the reason, it was there.  However, what really made it tough as that, when I set up to do some clean pulls at the start of the workout, both hamstrings cramped up and refused to unlock. 

I called an audible, ditched the clean pulls and jumped straight into the cleans.  I knew the weight was light enough that I could just muscle my way through the workout.  I basically had to use the barbell to pull myself down into the clean position for the first rep, which was in turn like a deadlift and jump shrug.  Once I got through the first rep, I had an eccentric phase I could use to get back into a better position, and from there the rest of the set was manageable.

These were ugly, brutal cleans, but I got through it.  Glad I got the echo bar, because my hands and shins woulda been chewed to hell on the power bar.

I still owe 2 more sets of chins.  I'll get those done today.  I also owe 3 sets of clean pulls, but I think I'm willing to call that a wash for now.

Woke up at 201.4.  I've been throttling back on the force feeding and just letting things happen.  It seems I'm pretty primed for growth right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment