Tuesday, March 9, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2361


BBB BEEFCAKE Week 3, Day 2

AM WORKOUT (0500 natural wake up)


CIRCUIT (chin-press) plate rest between sets, 2 min before final press

Chins (various grips) 55
2x10
1x8
2x9
1x4

Axle strict press from rack
5xAxle
5x66
5x146
5x166
5x186


SUPERSETS (press-rows) 2 min rest between sets

Axle clean and press away 146
5x10

immediately drop axle and go straight to

Axle double overhand rows 146
5x10


DB bench press 90s stripset (no rest between sets)
(3) Incline 1x10
(3) 1x3 w/reactive slingshot
(3) 1x2 w/Metal Catapult
(Flat) 1x4
BW dips 8+6+6+5+4 (rest pause 10 breaths between sets)
Band pushdowns 25
BW dips 6


CIRCUIT (raise-pull) no rest between sets

Plate lateral raise 10s
5x10

Band pull aparts
5x15

BW dips
15


Notes: Felt like death warmed over coming into this.  Solid breakfast of a grassfed ribeye with eggs, but was just out of my head and dizzy.  Thought for sure I'd blackout, so NOT doing that was a massive victory on the topset, and once again I survived the workout.  This week is what I needed to open my eyes.


Still appreciating taking the weight off the floor.  Good to bring back that part of me.  


Gonna hit up Grace later and then get in a walk with the Mrs in the evening.  

PM WORKOUT (1430)

Axle Grace

3:03





I normally edit the videos down, but I legit said "holy sh*t" out loud when I saw my own back, so I felt like it was worth keeping in.  Gaining has been paying off.  Everything seems to be going to my posterior chain.  About 5 seconds off from my PR: given I still feel like death, I love it.


Mrs swapped the plan to a short run tonight vs a walk.  Good for me to get those reps in.

2 comments:

  1. You weren't exaggerating about your back, I'm glad you kept the walk-in. Keep being hard to kill dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot from you dude! You're killing it on your end as well.

      Delete