Friday, March 19, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2371



AM WORKOUT (0540 natural wake up)


Juarez Valley Front Squats 235 w/5 six-count burpees between sets

8

1

7

2

6

3

5

4


Time: 14:24


Immediately transition to 2 round circuit of

10 standing ab wheel

20 reverse hyper


50 pull aparts


SSB squat stripset (no rest)

20x185

20x135

20xBar


30 GHRs


Notes: Wanted to make this be on the shorter side with family in town, so upped the weight and dropped the reps.  Been a while since I hit this first thing in the morning: been having breakfast first typically.  Hips were a little tight and I was moving slow, but heart rate got high.  Had a few false starts on the SSB squats: body just plain didn't wanna do it.  Big thing is I have to fight my instincts to absolutely bury myself on this workout: it's meant to help me recover from the BBB squats in time to do the deadlifts.  Razor's edge kinda stuff.


Went out to Texas Roadhouse last night and actually got a steak.  8oz sirloin.  I'm trying to allow myself some grain fed beef on occasion.  One of the big things I'm learning is portion size.  8oz is technically two servings of beef, and in my mind it's still a snack.  I used to regularly get the 16oz ribeye.  I walked away from this meal satiated and it had more than enough protein in it, AND, having not had grain fed steak in so long, even a sirloin was quite flavorful.  All that said, I have a 32oz grassfed ribeye tomahawk in my freezer right now and I have an occasion in mind for when I'm going to eat the whole goddamn thing, so the viking in me isn't dead yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment