Monday, March 15, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2366


SUNDAY


PM WORKOUT (1600)


100 six count burpees

5:47 (9 second PR)


Notes: Got 80 unbroken burpees done, which is also a 5 rep PR. Holy crap this sucked. Upper body pressing muscles were still torched from benching, and it was one of those workouts where, by rep 17, you know you’ve made a mistake. Coming off the 12 didn’t help much, but doing this helps reset my clock. Powered through, got the PR, said the f-word a lot. Got the majority of my daily work in today somehow too: missed the hypers and band work. Did the GHRs right after the burpees, and that REALLY sucked.


Deadlifts tomorrow, which I need to get done before my second COVID vaccine in the chance that it wrecks me.


Had an interesting bit of nutritional “proof of concept” today regarding changes to my high fat meal. Based on wake up time, I had to merge that meal with a bunch of my “thou shalts”, so I ended up having a meal of 3 organic cage free eggs, 1/3 of an avocado (it had gone rancid: lame), 3.25 ounces of grassfed piedmontese tri tip, a slice of keto bread toast with half of it smeared with sunbutter and half with almond butter, and then a celery stalk cut if half, with 1 half with a peanut based Nuts n More spread and 1 half with a Almond based one. Oh yeah, and a keto friendly brownie based in olive oil.


So yeah, that’s stupidly elaborate, but the key is that it’s a mix of proteins and fats, rather than just pure fat. It’s also LESS fat because of the presence of protein. But I also finished the meal and felt lighter than I do after my normal high fat meal, even a little bit hungry. I’m contemplating basically having that meal twice a day: breakfast and end of day. Whereas before I’d have a breakfast of meat, eggs and avocado and an evening meal of toast, celery and nut butters. Basically just combine both meals together, then cut them in half. Hell, the toast is a “breakfast food” anyway, so it works out pretty well. Something to consider at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment