Monday, May 10, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2417


SATURDAY


BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 5, Workout 6


AM WORKOUT (0315 wake up via alarm)


25 minutes of prowler work


15 rounds of EMOM daily work


Notes: Just gonna describe this. Since it was 0330, I didn’t wanna push the prowler in my usual spot at my kid’s school’s parking lot, because it’s closeby a bunch of residential properties and I didn’t wanna be that a-hole making a bunch of metal scraping concrete noises, so I took the prowler to the parking lot of my local Dick’s Sporting Goods. Since I didn’t have my normal 40 yard marker and I didn’t wanna spend any more time than necessary charting it out, I just used the markers of parking spaces to track distance.


I did 12 rounds of high handle sprints that ran the length between 2 sets of parking spaces (so like, I ran across a set of parking spaces, then ran across ANOTHER set, and ended where the next set started) with 30 seconds between rounds w/90lbs loaded on the prowler. I then cut the length and rest times in half and did that for about another 12 rounds. After that, I stripped off the weight and ran the prowler the length of the entire parking lot twice, with 30 seconds between rounds. It was kinda nice having such a long space with so many markers, as I only needed to turn the prowler every 3 rounds. Was trying my hardest to give myself some prowler flu, but didn’t quite happen.


EMOM work had 4 alternating 1 armed KB snatches as buy in. On the 15th round, I did 4 snatches-4 1 armed swings-4 snatches until the minute was up. REALLY liked that. Good training effect.


And now, here I am on my 12, but at least I got in everything I needed. Tomorrow, will do some stupid WOD before work and get in the daily work.


EDIT: Actually, few more thoughts.


Had my weekly cheat meal last night. Every time I do, I’m glad I do it, and it’s less about eating yummy food (which is still a plus) but more the enjoyment of being with family AND the amazingly positive PHYSICAL benefit I observe. It’s funny, because by the time the cheat rolls around I’m looking/feeling like I SHOULDN’T have it: abs are shallow, muscles flat, just looking and feeling very “off”. And then, within hours of the meal, I’m vascular out of my mind, abs are deep, shoulders popping out again, etc. Going too long without these cheats was a mistake. Since I’m gaining, it’s not meant to be a refeed, and I’m not pushing the calories super high, but the composition of the meal is so radically different that it has a significant impact.


My caffeine is way up again. I legit seem to sleep better when it’s high. I’m not going to question it.

No comments:

Post a Comment