Wednesday, May 19, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2428


AM WORKOUT (post night shift) 0640


Treadmill walk w/80lb vest

Speed: 3.0

Incline: Started at 9.0 for the first 10 minutes, 9.5 for next 10, 10.0 for next 10, then kept going up by .5 each minute until the 38 minute mark (so got up to 14), then took it to 6 for the final 2 minutes


Transition immediately to


EMOM daily work w/ 4 snatch buy in


13 rounds


Notes: Pushed it harder than I thought I would. Happy with the outcome.  More details later I'm sure, but gotta get in sleep.  Got Tang Soo Do tonight.


PM WORKOUT 1 (1900)


Tang Soo Do class


Was actually a solid workout. Warm-ups included some multi-level plyometric jumps over some obstacles and then kicking combinations. Then did some 1 step self-defense combinations and worked on our hyungs. I got another stripe promotion, so now I’m rocking a white belt with 2 stripes. Focusing as much as I can on staying loose until the moment of striking. I can notice the impact in my shoulders.


PM WORKOUT 2 (2100)


Tabata. Odd minute 1 armed alternating KB snatches, Even minute burpees, 10 second rest times are 1 armed swings


Notes: Just something to get the blood flowing before work. Deep Water tomorrow so wanted to not be completely eliminated for that. This sorta workout WOULD have destroyed me back in the day: fitness is really on point.


I am excited to train. That’s so rare for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment