Tuesday, May 18, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2427


AM WORKOUT (0700) Post night shift


Did this



Got 3 rounds done in 12:13, then added an extra round for 17:18.  Strict chins.  Heavy thrusters were unique.  Liked this: it's a keeper.

Transitioned immediately to EMOM daily work with 4 alternating KB swings for buy in, did 10 rounds, then did tabata 1 armed swings with 2 armed swings for the 10 second rest periods.

Plan to get in a run with the Mrs in the evening.

PM WORKOUT 1 (1730)

3 mile run with the Mrs

PM WORKOUT 2 (2100)

10 thrusters w/135lbs
9 alternating arm KB snatches w/45lbs (9 per side)
8 burpees
7 alternating arm KB swings (7 per side)
6 power cleans w/135lbs
5 thrusters w/135lbs
4 alternating arm KB snatches
3 burpees
2 alternating arm KB swings
1 power clean w/135lbs

Time: 4:56

Notes: Run was rough. Humid, lots of hills, Mrs still recovering from a race she ran on Sunday, and I’m letting my running shape slide. Was something I disliked about BtM: no real room for running with the agenda. My cardio shape is fine, but skillset is weakened. Glad we got it done.

Cute little workout I came up with before work. I still had the bar loaded with 135 from the morning and those heavier thrusters have kinda gotten into my brain, so led off with those and went with it.

For anyone following along: thrusters chased with snatches are magic, and they’re definitely going to feature more often. It does crazy things to the heart. I dig it because it’s 2 different ways to get a weight overhead: one is knee flexion, one is hip hinge, so you can run them back to back without fatiguing things too much, and it’s as full ROM as you can get. Next time I do something like this I might just keep it as thrusters and snatches.

Working another night shift. I think I’ll do some weighted vest walking when I get home and keep things on the shorter side, because I wanna hit day 1 of Deep Water on Thursday. Got family coming into town that evening and I’d like to get the longest workout done before they get here.

Oh yeah, some exciting home gym news: I won the raffle for the Ironmaster 120lb DB add-on attachment, so I’ll now have access to very heavy dumbbells in my training. I’m actually thinking about using them for the incline press of Deep Water.


No comments:

Post a Comment