Monday, May 10, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2418


SUNDAY


AM WORKOUT (0315 wake up via alarm)


Did this guy





Modified it: used an axle for the snatches and thrusters, took the workout to 25 minutes, and no rest at the 11 min mark.


Transition immediately to


14 rounds of EMOM daily work w/4 burpee buy-in


Transition immediately to


4 minute Tabata of single arm alternating KB swings (two handed swings during the 10 second rest period)


30 GHRs

11 neck bridges each way


Notes: Got through a full 6 rounds and had done 1 snatch of the 7th round when time ran out. Strict pull ups for the first 5 rounds to get in daily work, then kipping after that. I picked the axle because it weighs 25lbs (this is my cheap Rogue one vs the Ironmind one), and I could throw some 25lb bumpers on it to get to 75. It made the snatches even suckier, because there was zero rotation and my grip was frying. Went from power snatches to muscle snatches way too quick, to the shock of absolutely no one. Shoulders were fried. I liked this for what I wanted it to be: conditioning that wasn’t going to tax my hamstring too much the day before the heaviest squat workout of BtM. Solid sweat going.


Another 12 today and travel tomorrow. I’m bringing a TON of food, so hopefully I can get ahead of things. First time traveling on a weight gain phase in a LONG time: it’s a lot more tedious compared to losing weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment