Saturday, May 1, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2411


AM WORKOUT (0440 wake up via dog) FASTED


Started off with this





Legit made it through 4 rounds before the timer beat me.  I'm such a slow lifter that I'm just hemorrhaging time on those thrusters.  I really like the skeleton of this dude, and might scale it to 5s to make it a bit more sustainable for me.


Since I already had the EMOM timer going, I just split it up from there.  I would either do the thrusters OR the burpees and I'd slot in the pull ups on either side until I got my 50 for the day.  Then I started working on dips and reverse hypers in place of the pull ups.  Eventually took it to 19 rounds before I called it a day.  This technically wasn't even supposed to be THE workout for the day: just something I was doing in the morning to get my heart rate up.  Once again, I have to fight my self-destructive instincts to just absolutely bury myself with this stuff.  


Cheat meal at our favorite local Mexican place last night.  Got a shrimp quesadilla.  It was the richest thing I'd had in a LONG time: it was effectively smothered in a cheesesauce, and I even allowed myself some "real" sour cream with it.  Had some chips and salsa too.  Got a huge pump after this workout from all the carbs and sodium.  The cheat meal really is magic: it's a lesson I forgot a while back.  However, I'm doing much better now with just enjoying the food and company.  In the past, these were just epic binges where I was putting away as much food as possible in a short timespan.  Now these are little dips back to humanity.



COMPLETELY unrelated to training, but I saw the Mortal Kombat movie yesterday IN a movie theater.  I legit had the whole place to myself.  It was nuts.  I really dug the movie too.  You know what you're in for watching a Mortal Kombat movie, and it absolutely delivered.  Also got me amped to be back in martial arts.  


BUILDING THE MONOLITH Week 4, Workout 6


PM WORKOUT (1430)


High handle prowler pushes w/90lbs loaded

14x40 yards w/45 seconds rest between sets


Notes: Was the hottest day we'd had in a while and I was talking myself through the whole workout, but I got it done and I'm glad I did.  The prowler is just awesome that way.  So glad I brought it back into the rotation.  The short rests are nuts and, of course, I'm operating well outside of Jim's recommendations on this, but I won't tell if you don't.


Working a 12 tomorrow with an early shift start.  Plan is to start the day with a psycho crossfit WOD and all of my daily work and spend the 12 hours eating.  I made turkey breast and ham fajitas for 3 meals, because I'm an affront to my own heritage.  Got lots more packed away as well.  This week is done, the light week is next, and the week after that is my final report card.  If I've been doing things right, it'll show.  And if not, that'll show too.

No comments:

Post a Comment