Friday, February 11, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2687


AM WORKOUT (0441 natural wake up) FASTED


40 minutes, AMRAP of the following circuit


10 KB swings w/40kg bell

5 burpee chins

10 KB swings

8 parallel bar dips


20 rounds completed


20 standing ab wheels

50 pull aparts

25 pushdowns

40 reverse hypers w/50lbs



Notes: Original plan was a weighted vest treadmill walk, but decided I wanted to do anything but that, so went with this instead to get in some conditioning and daily work all in one.  Hands still a little chewed up from Tabearta but otherwise no worse for wear.  This one is a little sneaky: the lungs never really seem to get hit hard, but through out it all is just a general feeling of exhaustion.  400 swings done: makes me thing about the 10k swing challenge.


Got the day off work.  Nice to be able to recharge.


PM WORKOUT (1800)


1 hour Tang Soo Do class, immediately come home and do Tabata KB front squats w/45lb bells BUT, instead of holding the bells at my side for the 10 second rest, I held it in the front rack position.


Made it to round 6 before I had to drop them.  It's a unique challenge.  The lungs don't get burnt up as much, but the traps are screaming.  I like it for variety's sake.  Only went for 8s across since it was a new challenge.


Weekend is here.  Deload is working: I am champing at the bit to squat hard and eat big.  I am more than ready for Deep Water.


Also got some liver on the ready to make chorizo again.

No comments:

Post a Comment