Friday, February 18, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2694


DEEP WATER BEGINNER Week 1, Workout 5


AM WORKOUT (0305 wake up via alarm) FASTED


Hill Runs


6 rounds of the following done in under 54 minutes


Sprint up the hill

Jog back

Front rack carry 45lb KBs up the hill

Jog back

Sprint up the hill

Farmer carry KBs down the hill


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


15 minute circuit of daily work and KB swings w/40kg bell


10 swings-10 ab wheels-10 swings-20 reverse hypers-10 swings-25 dips-10 swings-10 ab wheels-10 swings-20 reverse hypers-10 swings-25 dips-10 swings-10 chins-10 swings-25 band pull aparts-10 swings-10 chins-10 swings-25 band pull aparts-10 swings-10 chins-10 swings-25 pushdowns-10 swings-10 chins…then rest and 10 more chins to get 50 total


Notes: As much as I really dig the prowler, I need to get into running shape again and this was a decent enough compromise. There is an ok hill near my house that I drove to for this. I’m contemplating trying some stadium steps as well.


I’m very pleased with my ability to sprint up the hill. The first sprint of the first round was more of a fast run, but that was more for the sake of testing out my hamstrings before fully committing. After that, I could really punch it. I imagine I have the prowler to thank for that.


Front rack carrying the bells up the hill was definitely an interesting form of suck. I ensured to move as fast as I could, which wasn’t quite a run, but wasn’t just me plodding along. Same with my jogs back to start. Wanted to keep intensity as high as I could.


The farmers carries back down answered the mail. Grip and traps were feeling it.


In general, this was a solid workout. I got gassed well enough. There’s room to make it more awful, but the goal is to improve my running rather than just blow out my lungs. I may still try to do both. Simplest would be to Litvinov it and just front squat before the sprint, but that would seriously detract from the running training of it. Also have lots I can steal from “Tactical Barbell”


Little daily work circuit at the end was nice. Kept heart rate up. I’m getting better at swings.


Work is staying crazy for the foreseeable future. My family is being awesome, and I have enough food stored up at home that the diet isn’t going to skip a beat, but I’m pretty fatigued from Deep Water and not much sleep. This is what we do.


I ordered 5lbs of piedmontese beef liver last night, along with some other beef since their inventory seems replenished. I have really grown to appreciate liver, and it being so cheap is a plus as well.


PM WORKOUT (1700)


10 tabata rounds of 9 reps per round of KB front squats w/45lb bells


Notes: Getting that 10th round was a real killer.  Big fan of including this.  Back on 8s for a bit.  Going to deadlift tomorrow, since it makes the most sense with my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment