Thursday, February 17, 2022

Training Log: Entry 2693


DEEP WATER BEGINNER WEEK 1, Workout 4


AM WORKOUT (0301 natural wake up)


Axle bench press 236

3x10


Close grip axle bench 206

3x10


(3)Incline DB bench press

7x90

2x10x80


Go straight from final set of DB bench into a set of dips, then


Dips

2x10


Go straight from final set of dips into a set of push ups, then


Push ups

1xF

1xFailure+failure set w/Reactive Slingshot+failure set w/Slingshot+failure set w/Metal Catapult, go straight from that into


SUPERSET CIRCUIT (no rest between movements, back to back) hyper-abs


Reverse hyper 270

3x20


Standing ab wheel

3x10


25 band pushdowns

Neck work


POST WORKOUT SHAKE


Comrade Fran (45lb KBs, strict chins)

21-15-9-5


Time: 7:02


Notes: 90 seconds rest between all exercises. 10 band pull aparts done between everything. Bench is always the least exciting day of Deep Water, and I’m keeping rest periods short on it again so I can get it done quick. These 12 hour work days really compress things, which is also why the conditioning is so truncated, but Fran was perfect to help me get in my daily chins.


Benching is such a “trick lift”. I was able to make my final set stronger than my first two sets by focusing on squeezing the axle as hard as I could. Leg drive is always a factor as welll.


Went too heavy on the DBs. I have to factor in how fatigued I will be by the time I get to them.


That ultra dropset of push ups with the slingshots is always a great way to completely nuke my body.


Legs are feeling as fresh as can be given the circumstances. They really seem to be responding well to the daily tabata stuff. My new KB handle should be arriving today too, which opens up the opportunity to go a little heavier.


Running of some variety tomorrow. Need to be in 10 mile shape by Apr. Thinking about doing either stadium steps or hills for an hour or so, but if weather continues to not play nice, there’s the treadmill.


Walked stairs at work a few times.  Been a great way to get a break in.


PM WORKOUT (1900)


9 rounds of tabata KB front squats w/45lb KBs, 9 reps per round, bells held at the side when not squatting.  Still a total gasser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment