Saturday, February 19, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2695


DEEP WATER BEGINNER, Week 2 Workout 1 (out of sequence due to schedule)


AM WORKOUT (0305 wake up via alarm)


Texas Deadlift Bar Deadlifts

10x10x400lbs


KB front rack lunges w/50lb bells

3x10


30 GHRs


Photo of set-up featuring new adjustable KB handle





POST WORKOUT SHAKE


Shower, have another meal, start driving to work, get told you don't need to be there and just stay on telephone standby


Turn around and do rest of workout


CONDITIONING circuit (squat-chin-dip), squats 280lbs


15-5-10 in 6:45


50 band pull aparts

25 pushdowns


SUPERSET CIRCUIT (no rest between movements)


Reverse hyper 270

3x20


Standing ab wheel

3x10


Neck work


20 chins and dips


Notes: 3:45 between sets of deads, 90 seconds on the lunges.  Funny situation: I expected to be working all the way through the weekend, so I went straight into deads so that I could get the longest/hardest workout done while the family slept and maximize my downtime with them.  Getting turned around on my way at first had me somewhat miffed that I went through all that "for nothing", then immediately felt the joy of having my weekend back...and since it was STILL o'dark stupid when I got the notification, I just went home and finished off the parts of the workout I left behind.


Let's talk about this workout for a second.  I got up at 0305 after working 3 12 hour shifts in a row, ALSO getting up at 0305 for those so I could get in an hour of some sort of training on top of my daily Tabata KB front squats, accumulating a combined total of 20 hours of sleep over 4 days, had 1 slice of keto toast with some sunbutter in it, did a total of 6 reps to warm-up (3x135, 2x225 and 1x315) and then went and deadlifted 400lbs 100 times.   I am a f**king maniac.  You don't want to deal with me on a good day.


Had to go dead stop for 3 total reps this workout: rep 10 of the 9th set, and reps 9 and 10 of the 10th.  Acceptable loss.


Loving my new KB handle.  Opens up so many avenues.


That squat WOD was ROUGH.  Between having done the deadlift workout previously, and then getting ready for work, totally cooling down and getting out of the "training mindset", my body was just beat to heck.  



PM WORKOUT (1500)


2 mile 80lb weighed vest walk with the dog


PM WORKOUT II (1830)


Tabata KB front squats with 50lb bells (8 reps per round, bells held at the side when not squatting)


Notes: Made the most of the day.  Sun was out and it was a great day for a walk.  And adding 10lbs total to the tabata KB squats is a whole new challenge, which is awesome, because I already have a method of progression on it based off my time with 45lb bells.  Holding the rack position was the most difficult part, and part of that is having 2 Ironmaster bells vs my previous 1 IM/1 CAP barbell one.  Having to adjust to a new style.

No comments:

Post a Comment