Wednesday, November 30, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2613


AM WORKOUT (0340 wake up via alarm)

**SUPER SQUATS** Workout 11

Axle clean and strict press away/band pull apart superset (1 min rest)
2x10x161, 1x9x161/50 reps total (continentaled the first set)


Weighted dip/axle row superset
3x12x85/2x15x218


Breathing Squats/pull overs
23x315/20x20lbs






Try to stop the spin from rooming.


Axle SLDL
15x268

Poundstone curls
159xAxle


**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**
**ASSISTANCE**

20 standing ab wheels
40x90 reverse hypers
25 pushdowns
30 GHRs

Notes:

* I really dig where I’m taking this.  I am going far into the red on these squats despite the weight not moving up.  When you have to get to 20 reps just to START the hard work, you’re in a good way.  And having my leg wrapped up like that is almost like bloodflow restriction training.  Didn’t have too much issue with hands going numb: bar placement seems good.  Hamstring is feeling a lot more stable and pain is very tolerable.  I feel like, by the end of the program, I should be able to squat without wrapping it, which might actually allow me to go even further along.  But there’s no question I’m hitting the intensity intent on these squats.  Rep 23 was a stretch, and I barely had enough in me to rack the bar when it was over.

* Was moving a little slow on the cleans this morning.  My shoulders are feeling nuked from yesterday’s 30 minute insanity.  Decided to live to fight another day so I could come back and crush 161 next workout.  My rows have been super rest-pause up until this point anyway, so it’s good to spend more time with the weight.

* Doing ANYTHING after those squats is really becoming interesting.  Those SLDLs about took a year off my life, the Poundstone curls were another form of Hell, and when my assistance work was all done I went to do some conditioning and literally just had nothing left in me.  Incredible to just leave it all out there like that.

* RSV and sinus infection are about 99% healed.  I get an occasional phlegmy cough and that’s about it.

* I cut out the start of my videos, but I saw my back while I was getting set up for squats and I look like a goddamn shaved gorilla.  This program is working amazingly.


PM WORKOUT

Got in TABEARTA when I got home, and then Tang Soo Do.  Lotta work on the basics.  I'm really trying to focus on not dropping my hands when I kick.  Started noticing that bad habit picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment