Friday, September 1, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3051

AM WORKOUT (0422 natural wake up)

**JUGGERYOKE** Week 2, Workout 6: Squats and Shrugs


https://youtu.be/NAYfu4X09lE

GIANT SETS (squats-shrugs then presses-pull aparts then abs)

Buffalo Bar Squats
15x1x225+chains

Trap bar shrugs 
8x3x445
3xAMRAPx355

Pull aparts
6x20 in front of body
5x20 overhead

Axle clean and strict press away
3x8x123
1x7+1 push pressx123

Hanging leg raise w/10 lat shrugs
5xAMRAP


BREAKFAST

Walk w/dog while wearing 40lb vest


Notes:

* I woke up feeling completely nuked.  My legs are sore.   I haven't felt that feeling in a while.  Those 3 minute squat sets are legit.  Right knee is touch and go but ultimately trending in the right direction, so for the sake of keeping it that way I reduced bar weight today and went with chains to keep things lighter in the most vulnerable spot of the lift.  Went for mega depth to keep the challenge high.  It timed out well: by set 15, I'd had enough.  Next week I can look to up the bar weight, and from there I might just keep bouncing between the two protocols. 

* Kept shrug weight the same as last week and focused on rep quality.  

* Much better day of axle pressing. Really tried to focus on moving things quickly.

* I've got the next 6 days off work.  Hoping this means more sleeping and walking.


PM UPDATE


Got in a 1.5 mile walk after lunch and a 3 mile walk with the Mrs later, followed by a really good sparring match with her at TSD.


But the most important thing is I had ribs for lunch AND dinner tonight.


Lunch




Dinner







2 comments:

  1. Think glucosamine could help you out with your knee issues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not. This is a traumatic injury: not an ache and pain

      Delete