Monday, September 11, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3058

AM WORKOUT (0405 wake up via alarm)


**JUGGERYOKE** Week 4, Workout 1: Log and Front Squats



GIANT SET (log-squat-pull)


Log clean once and push press away 

5x3x170

5x3x165 

* 3 reps per set total, often broken up.  I got 2 reps on the 9th set and did 4 on the 10th to compensate


Front squat

10x3x215


Band pull aparts

10x10


GIANT SET (dip-chin-abs)


Weighted dips

5x3x115


Weighted chins

5x3x35


Hanging leg raise w/10 lat shrugs

5x5



Notes:


* Overall I am satisfied with how this went.  I was able to push hard and get in a lot of heavy reps.  I was primarily struggling with balance issues with the log: I’d clean too hard and fall backward, or not enough and press off the belly and have the log too far forward.  Ultimately, I’m a little gunshy since I borked by knee on the log cleans 2 weeks ago and I’m still feeling the effects of it.  I’m wearing heavier knee sleeves on this workout to keep the compression, and that goes a long way.  The front squats themselves are solid, but the bar is sliding off my right shoulder due to the imbalances there.  Wearing a shirt to get something a little grippy on the contact point.


* Got in my carb-up meal last night after 2 weeks without.  Rigatoni-based cheesy pasta dish with some garlic texas toast and then some homemade peanut butter cookies with some other goodies mixed in and a mug of fairlife skim milk.  Prior to that was my typical awesome breakfast and not QUITE eating like an a-hole at the pizza buffet, carnivore style.  They actually had a brunch option there, so I got another big helping of scrambled eggs, some burnt bacon, and then the toppings of several cheesy pizzas.  I stopped before being totally stuffed, and this combination all worked out well this morning where I came in feeling strong and not sick, bloated or toxic.  It’s been pretty awesome finding out what works best for me.  Carbs from GOOD sources go a long way.  We use quality ingredients at home, vs the sugary chemical laden junk I was loading up on before.  And I’m seeing the positives of the carb-up as well: already looking fuller and more vascular.  I was SUPER flat before.  Cool to see all the nutrition manipulation workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment