Wednesday, September 27, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3072

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm)


**JUGGERYOKE** Week 6, Workout 3 (should be 5, running out of order due to comp)





SUPERSET CIRCUIT (squat-shrug/press)


Buffalo bar squats

15x1x225+chains


Trap Bar Shrugs

8x3x445

24x355

19x355


Axle clean and strict press away

3x8x123

6x123

2x123


Hanging leg raise w/10 lat shrugs

5x5


CONDITIONING


“Cruel and Unusual Burpees”





15 KB throws-5 goblet squats-5 push ups

15-4-4

15-3-3

15-2-2

15-5(lost my mind and forgot what I was doing)-1


22 bodyweight squats

22 push ups


BREAKFAST


Short walk with dog


Notes:

* I went even lighter on the squats than I intended.  Felt something tweak a little in the left glute on a warmup and my mind kept telling me “no” every time I looked at the bar loaded heavier than that, so I cut down to 225+chains and made it the goal to just blitz through the workout.  You can see I start off with EMOM and realized it was slowing me down, so I just went back to back as fast as I could.  I dig how this all shook out.

* The cute name for the conditioning is in reference to Dan John’s “Humane Burpee”, as these were anything BUT that.  I really discovered gold with this KB throw, and it’s now become my hammer of a solution to every problem that looks like a nail.  Mixing it up with the goblet squats and push ups is just awesome as well.  I always forget how tonic goblet squats feel.  Definitely something I need more of in my life.

* Tang Soo Do was a decent workout last night.  “Wildcard Cardio”.  Just a lot of different moving around.  I’ve been neglecting the 300 push ups and squats, and stuff like this helps fulfill that “walk and play” portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment