Monday, September 25, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3070

AM WORKOUT (0425 "wake up" via alarm: in truth, I was awake for hours, mind just racing)

**JUGGERYOKE** Week 6 (final) Workout 1



Program Deviation: With competition this Saturday, I went back to week 1 weights and made this an EMOM workout to absolutely dominate them.  Shows how far I've come in the program.

30 rounds EMOM (log-squat-dip on odd rounds, chin on even)

Log clean and push press away
10x3x150

Front squat
10x3x185

Dips
5x3x105

Chins
5x3x30

Max log clean and push press in 3 minutes
12 reps

Hanging leg raise+10 lat shrugs
5x5


As many rounds in 4 minutes of 
3 KB throws w/24kb bell
5 squats
5 push ups

8...ish done?  I was gassed.


BREAKFAST

Walk with dog


Notes:

* Was definitely feeling the carb up meal last night.  Couldn't stop sweating. Led to me waking up at 0200 and having my mind race.  Just solving problems.  Thankfully all good things, and I woke up this morning filled out and peeled to the bone.  2 weeks off carbs with a mini-Famine really makes this dramatic.  Gotta love the alchemy that's happening.

* With the comp this weekend, I'm not going to get any stronger in a week, but I can definitely get hurt, so I went back to the original weights and proved how much better I got by crushing it with this EMOM workout.  If I went a little heavier it'd be a real ball-buster.  Good to know for the future.

* Little bit of conditioning at the end was absolutely killer.

* Going for max log reps at the end was a great cap-off as well.  Good to hit that stuff under fatigue.

* Got the day off work, so might get in some more walking/light activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment