Sunday, September 17, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3063


SATURDAY

Pulled this competely cold this morning. Loaded it the night before, walked in and pulled





In turn, I misloaded it last night and had 20lbs heavier than last week. 5+2+3x425 off 3 mats


SUNDAY

Gonna do a quick sum-up, as it's already late.


Mrs. is away until Friday on a business trip.  Got up and did that 10 minute conditioning circuit (3 prisoner squats, 2 push ups, 1 chin) for 33 rounds.  



Then my Valkyrie made me an amazing breakfast before I took the dog for a quick walk, we got on the road and I dropped her off at the airport.


Took the kiddo on a Costco run.  Had lunch there.  My kid had a slice of cheese pizza, I no joke ate off a rotisserie chicken.  Since they tend to baste those things in a lot of seasonings, I pulled off all the skin, and then ate all the dark meat (2 thighs, 2 wings, and 2 drumsticks) and brought home the white meat for this upcoming famine.  Costco hack: ask for 2 extra plates when you get your foodcourt item, so you can put the chicken you're going to eat on one plate and then pour out all the rotisserie juice/skin onto another to throw away, leaving behind the chicken carcass with the white meat to bring home.



Came home, mowed the lawn/did yardwork for about 80 minutes, then went straight into that keg/stone conditioning workout




, then took the kiddo for a 2+ mile walk before coming home and watching the Cowboys win again. During the game, I smoked the t-bone and the biggest beef liver I'd ever seen in my life along with some spare pieces of bacon.  Did 220 for 45 minutes for the liver, around an hour for the steak and 30 minutes for the bacon.  After smoking the steak, I threw it on my grill for 4 minutes per side with a little spray duckfat.  It was a little TOO done for my barbaric liking, more on the medium side vs medium rare/rare, but it was absolutely delicious.  I ate it off the bone, and the rest of my meal with my hands, because I earned that right.










Since Mrs is gone and I have no lunch obligations, gonna use this as a "high compliance" week as far as Velocity Diet/Famine week goes, and have protein powder for lunches.  I have skipped my carb-up for the week, as, once again, I had no social reason to do it and I wasn't going to make poison for myself to eat when I could have a 28oz t-bone instead.  Amazingly, I was still hungry after it was gone, which is most likely a positive sign for just how on fire my system is.  This famine is going to prime it hard.  I'm planning on only running it for 5 days vs 14, since I do have a competition coming up in 13 days (which I have done no training for, because Chaos is the Plan) and then will go from there.

2 comments:

  1. Is the misload just from forgetting that the Trap Bar is 65 lbs? I am conveniently ignoring this to trick my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The misload is from being Human: All Too Human

      Delete