Monday, September 18, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3064

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm, sleep seeking)


**JUGGERYOKE** Week 5, Workout 1: Log and Front Squats





GIANT SET CIRCUIT (log-squat-shoulders)


Log clean and push press away

6x3x170 (3 reps anyway I could get them)

4x3x165


Front squats

10x3x220 (re-racks toward the end due to bar slipping rather than strength failing)


Band pull aparts

5x20


Lateral raises

4 sets


GIANT SET CIRCUIT (dip-chin-abs)


Weighted dips

5x3x117.5


Weighted chins

5x3x37.5


Hanging leg raise+10 lat shrugs

4x5


Breakfast


Walk w/dog


Notes:


* With no carb-up yesterday, I came into the morning feeling fatigued as hell, but once I started hitting work sets things clicked along well and I was strong.  That very first set of log press was outstanding, and I had zero blackout issues.  Timing was the biggest barrier to success, but my knee is holding out well.  Kept having the bar slip on the front squats.  I used an actual rack position for the warm-ups, and though I could manage it, it was beating up my connective tissue a bit too much.  Something to strive for.


* Shaved a set of abs and lateral raises due to time.  I slept an extra 20 minutes.  If I’m seeking sleep, I’m embracing it.


* Those dips continue to move in an outstanding direction.  I’ll have to make sure they’re still a regular feature in my training.

2 comments:

  1. Hey MythicalStrength, if I had to fight you one day, what martial arts would you recommend I practice to do well against you?

    ReplyDelete