Tuesday, September 26, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3071

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm, decent night of sleep)


**JUGGERYOKE** Week 6, Day 2…but Day 3’s Workout (run out of order to support competition schedule): Pulls, Bench and Squats





SUPERSET CIRCUIT (pull-bench)


Trap bar high pulls

6x5x175


Incline Axle Bench

6x5x166


SUPERSET CIRCUIT (bench-abs)


Pause axle bench

6x1x256


Standing ab wheel

3x7

2x6


Buffalo Bar Squat (3 minutes on-1 minute rest-3 minutes on)

1x52

1x38

90 total reps: 4 rep PR from last attempt





BREAKFAST


Walk w/dog


Notes:


* Keeping up with the strategy this week, I dropped the weight on the majority of the exercises and went for dominance.  I want to groove a pattern of success and things feeling easy.  Pulled the high pulls hard and high, moved the incline bench strong, and had minimal rest between.  Cut out the extra stuff (pull aparts primarily) to speed things up.  I DID go up in weight on the pause bench compared to previous, primarily because I got a good thing going there.


* Oh my god that squat set.  I hit several PRs.  I got 36 unbroken reps in the first set, a 1 rep PR there, and 38 on the final set is a 2-3 rep PR, with 90 total reps being a 4 rep PR.  And beyond all that, technique was solid, I felt strong, and it was legit an issue of getting beat by the clock vs anything else, but I could tell my technique was getting a little spotty at the end.  In general, just such a fan of this part of the program: it answers a lot of questions.


* Got some Tang Soo Do tonight.  I’ll be skipping the second session this week because it falls on a Friday, and I don’t want to do anything stupid right before the competition.  I’m also getting Friday off work and possibly Thursday as well, so that will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment