Monday, December 4, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3126

AM WORKOUT (0410 natural wake up, hard time sleeping)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 7, Day 1





30 Minute EMOM of 6 axle Klokov presses


Between rounds, either 20 band pull aparts, 6 Wheels of Pain, 10 band pushdowns or 10 Conan curls


Breathing Squats w/pullovers

17+3x250+chains


7.5 minutes of the following circuit


* 5 prisoner squats

* 5 push ups

* 3 pull ups


BREAKFAST


Walk w/wolf (no vest)


Notes:


* Still feeling a bit beat up from yesterday, so I played around and made today a little lighter/easier.  Toward minute 25, I was starting to feel it still.  And the squats fell apart, but I’m fairly certain I’ll have them by Wednesday.  Just need to recover a bit from a different demand.


* Just plain sore in places I forgot I could get sore in.  This is the difference between being prepared for something vs being “prepared” for anything.  I could go out and win, but I don’t have all the small muscles built up.  My face is all scratched up and body bruised too.  I don’t have the “armor” that Dan John talks about.  He relayed a story about his brother who ran a marathon with zero training, then spent 3 months letting his feet recover.  It takes 3 months to prep for a marathon: either before or after.  Kinda the same story here.


* That little circuit at the end was starting to gas me pretty decent.  I’m hitting fatigue early post comp.  Same reason I walked without the vest.


* Trying a dietary experiment today of going ZERO carb on the day after my carb-up.  Last night, we did grilled cheese sandwiches on homemade sourdough with grassfed better and Jarlsburg swiss, with a few tater tots (I can still keep it classy).  I had two sandwiches, and the Mrs even made me 3 sunny side up eggs (we calculated that I had 18 eggs over the past 2 days, which was pretty awesome).  Today, I’m pretty much doing nothing but egg whites, electroyltes and gelatin until dinner, at which point I’ll have venison burgers (pure venison: no filler) and egg whites.  This is more just a proof of concept than anything else, as I still appreciate the Velocity Diet and the benefit of Metabolic Drive, but I’m curious about making this a Monday thing.  A way to recover and cleanse from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment