Wednesday, December 20, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3141

AM WORKOUT (0545 wake up via Valkyrie's alarm)


**77**x185lb Buffalo Bar Squats





No breakfast, extend fast, stumble inside, leash up wolf, throw on 50lb vest and stagger through the streets for 2 miles


Notes:


* Got the day off work, and this was all I wanted to do.  Cody Lefever (GZCL) very recently accomplished 185 for 76 reps, so I had that in my head.  At around rep 15 I realized that wasn't going to happen.  At rep 30 I knew I wasn't even halfway there.  At rep 50 I was at peace with getting 60 reps.  At rep 67 all I could think was "glorp, haffle-flop".  After rep 77, the floor felt quite cool and a nap sounded lovely.


* Dig the depth on these.  NONE of them felt good.  Typically rep 7 is where things start clicking with breathing squats.  It never happened here.


* Went with the Dan John playbook and went for my walk right afterwards.  THAT was an experience with the weight vest on.


* I have the axle loaded for some deadlifts later today, and maybe I'll do some overhead stuff as well, but right now Chaos remains the plan and the results of that plan are on display.  I'm 170lbs, so this was 15lbs over bodyweight for 77 reps, and in truth I didn't find my limit there, but I had a goal and I met it.  "Where you are now you can't even imagine what the bottom will be like". 


* I was crowned my Dojang's "Sparring Champion" for the month of Dec, the same month I won my grappling competition, which I feel serves as proof that I am lethal on my feet and on the floor...which is how that squat set went.





PM WORKOUT (1500)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 9, Day 3





Axle deadlifts w/12 breath rest pause

6+3+3x406


Klokov Presses

100xAxle


Poundstone curls

100xAxle


50 pull aparts


Notes:


* That's a rep GAINED from the start of the cycle, and let's keep in mind that earlier this morning I squatted 185 for 77 reps AND I am in a famine phase where I had a 13 hour fast prior to this.  Holy cow this protocol is downright magic.


* That said, I was totally done once those pulls were over...and yet what I picked afterwards was downright horrible.  Ya'll need to give that one a spin.  100 reps of Klokov presses will light your shoulders on fire.  And, of course, poundstones afterwards, because it's a high rep kind of day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey MythicalStrength, I'm trying to build punching knockout power like yours. Would you say it's mainly boxing technique and bag work that led you to be a great puncher? When you break boards in Tang Soo Do are you throwing your full effort into it or holding back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, I'm not sure where you heard I got knockout power. I have never knocked anyone out.

      In board breaking, you don't hold back. That really works against you. You want to pretend that the board isn't there, and jus sail through it.

      Delete