Tuesday, December 5, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3127

AM WORKOUT (0410 wake up via dog)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 7, Day 2





*40 minutes of main work*


SUPERSET (press-chin)


Log clean and strict press away

3x170

3x180

3x185


Chins w/chains

1x8

1x6

1x7


GIANT SETS (press-chin/abs-pull)


Log clean and strict press away

11x3x170


Chins

2x9

3x8


Standing Wheel of Pain

2x9

3x8


Band pull aparts

10x15


*10% Corollary*


15 minutes of


* 5 KB throws

* 5 goblet squats

* 5 dips


w/20kg bell



Notes: 


* I was convincing myself that I was NOT going to do this particular workout this morning, since I was still feeling a little beat up, but I am glad I reversed course on that decision, because I absolutely crushed it.  This is the strongest performance I’ve had on log in quite a while.  It’s just awesome seeing the protocol really pay off.  My overhead strength is progressing nicely, and my physique is reflecting exactly what I want: a being that picks things up off the floor and puts them over my head.  I’d say my legs are about the only thing that could use a little more attention: 3x a week 20 rep breathing squats and all the prisoner squats have definitely maintained size and shape, but I feel some quad weakness when I squat.  A simple enough solution would be getting in a tower of babel on the weekends, or a monument to non-existence.  Just something with a heavy front squat focus.  Or bringing in the  belt squats again.


* After wearing the same pair since 2011, I finally treated myself to some new knee sleeves.  Got the Mark Bell Slingshot sleeves and wore them today.  At first I felt like I may have ordered too large of a size, but they are actually just comfortable while still providing “enough” support without being ridiculous.  Big thing is how warm they keep the knees: they’re more rehband type material than cloth/fiber.  So far I’m a fan.


* I decided to go a little heavier on the 10% corollary today and get in some more overhead work early in the week, since my rotation is off anyway.  This was definitely an effective circuit.  


* My abs are torn up pretty good from these 2 days of ab wheels together.  Still sore in general from the grappling.  


* Tang Soo Do later tonight.  “Wildcard cardio”.  I’m gonna let my instructor know that I gave our school a shoutout at my competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment