Tuesday, December 12, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3134


AM WORKOUT (0421 natural wakeup)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 8, Day 2





*45 minutes of mainwork*



SUPERSET (press-chin)


Log clean and strict press away

3x175

1x185

1x190


Chins w/chains

1x8

2x7


GIANT SETS (press-assistance-pull)


Log clean and strict press away

2x3x175

8x2x175


Chins

3x9

2x8


Standing wheel of pain

3x9

2x8


Band pull aparts

5x17


12 minutes of Dan John’s ladder w/ prisoner squats and push ups (170 reps total of each)


BREAKFAST


Walk w/wolf (no weight vest)


Notes:


* Definitely feeling the famine.  Training burnout hitting hard.  Absolutely did not want to train this morning, remembered how last week when that happened I was at my strongest so decided to give it a go.  Turned out: I was wrong.  Biggest issue was headspins: just kept blacking out on the heavier weights.  But even once I dropped to the triples I could tell that doubles were the right move.  Put in the hard work and moved through it as strong as I could.  Pleased to get that topset of 190 for a strong single.


* Went without the vest, just because I was feeling so beat up.  Also, I’ve got Tang Soo Do sparring later tonight, so that’ll be some more activity.


* Really worked to push fast/hard on the bodyweight work at the end there and turned it into some conditioning.  That felt good to be able to do.


* After a few weeks, I’m gonna say that the Slingshot knee sleeves are awesome and get my stamp of approval.  My knees are really feeling solid, I can wear them all workout, they’re warm, compressive, don’t move around.  They feel like strongman shorts for the knees.


* Physique is really looking sharp these days.  The whole system coming together is honestly pretty amazing.  The famine, along with priming the body, shaves away with little fluff gets accumulated from the feast, and the family meal/carb refeed helps fill back in some lost glycogen.  Learning how to balance it all has been enjoyable, and the feasting weeks are just absolutely awesome.  But the big thing is learning how to predict the pattern.  The first week of the famine is the worst: everything looks and feels wrong.  But the second week is where it pays off.  And I may drag it into a 2.5 week run, just because I have so much awesome feasting coming up.   The training burnout is the only thing I need to keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment