Thursday, December 14, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3136

AM WORKOUT (0420 natural wake up)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 8, Day 4-“Drunken Tribute”




50 minutes of


EMOM

* 5 burpees

* 2 keg one motions overhead w/100lb keg


8 minutes of various assistance work


BREAKFAST


Walk w/wolf (no vest)


Notes:


* Took video, but something is gumming up the upload.  


* This is effectively Kalsu with a keg.  100 reps of getting the keg from the floor overhead, but EMOM do 5 burpees.  I paced it for an even 50 rounds, which netted me 250 burpees as well.  This didn’t hit quite as hard as a full on Kalsu, but I imagine it’s because of that pacing.  I’d finish each round without about 20 seconds to recover if I was motoring vs my typical strategy on Kalsu of “go until the whistle”.  I’ve always wanted to give this a try, and it’s nice to know it’s viable.  The weight of the keg is also not scaled appropriately, but was still plenty challenging.  In general, worth pursuing again.


* “Drunken tribute” because of the keg.  I don’t want to embellish the name of a hero WOD, so I’m not going to include “Kalsu” in the title in that regard.  


* Was fairly smoked after it was over, so just got in some light assistance and a no-vest walk.


Another awesome bit of art worth saving




No comments:

Post a Comment