Friday, December 8, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3130

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm, another better night of sleep)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 7, Day 5





*30 minutes of main work*


GIANT SET (press-shrug-pull)


Axle continental and strict press away

5x156

5x166

3x166



Tree of Woe shrugs

3x10


Band pull aparts

3x10


GIANT SET (press-assistance-pull)


Axle clean and strict press away

3x10x128

8x128

9x128

3x128


DB full ROM lateral raise

3x8x20s


Neck harness

2 sets


Wheels of pain

1x9


Band pull aparts

5x20


*10% Corollary*


Breathing squats w/pull overs

18+2x255+chains


Breakfast


Walk w/wolf while wearing 50lb vest



Notes:


* I was surprisingly fatigued this morning.  I hit the famine hard this week, and I’m thinking that is showing.  Which meant that finally getting that set of 5 on 166 was fantastic, and the majority of the 50 reps of 128 moved at a good clip, but I eventually just ran out of steam.  I didn’t even think I’d manage ONE rep of the squats, so getting as far as I did was fantastic.  In truth, I could have kept going, but when I hit rep 18 I felt myself cut it short and knew that I was at a point where my body was making poor decisions in order to survive.  I racked it so I could get in quality reps, knowing that I could come back and own this weight next week.  7 weeks of Super Squats is a record for me as it is, and I’m holding up surprisingly well.  I had the right hip pain this time, but the knees are feeling solid.


* I am thinking that Zeno squats might be an effective protocol to employ here at some point, but that’s a once a week thing.  I’d have to do a little space filling in there.


* Was feeling strong enough to bring the vest back for the walk.  


* Tang Soo Do is on the agenda for later tonight.


Posting this photo of Hercules putting Thor in a rear naked choke, because that's pretty awesome







I was thinking this morning how much I had fun at that tournament.  I don't even care for grappling in particular, but it was just awesome to experience "combat" again.  I really would like to make that a regular thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment